I haven’t shared much about myself, so I thought I would introduce you to the girl behind @adventureontario. My name is Julia, and I started my account at the very end of 2015, but it really took off in the last year. I thought you might be interested in learning a little more about me, so here it goes:
‣ I was born in New York City and moved to Toronto after 9/11. My background is American, French and Dutch, but I have lived in Toronto for 16 years.
‣ My biggest passion is travel. Whether it be local (@adventureontario) or abroad. I love to discover new cultures and educate myself on what is happening first-hand in the rest of the world. I’ve been fortunate to travel to over 30 countries. Some of my favorites are Morocco, Portugal, France, Myanmar, Israel, Philippines, Belize, and Taiwan. I still have a long list of places I am dying to go to.
‣ My go-to alcoholic beverages are grapefruit mimosas, sour beer, and spicy margaritas, but I do appreciate a beautiful fancy cocktail.
‣ I’ve always been into fashion, but now take a more sustainable approach since becoming aware of the serious consequences of fast fashion. I always opt for a pricier, well-made eco-friendly item, as opposed to something trendy or cheaper.
‣ My family has two dogs and their names are Asia (age: 8) and Maya (age: 10). Asia is a Maltipoo and Maya is a miniature Poodle. They are both young in spirit and their favourite (besides their treats and being cozy) is going on hikes. They have extremely different personalities. Maya is very smart and protective, while Asia is a sweetheart who loves to cuddle. I am a huge animal lover in general, but I am especially obsessed with dogs.
‣ A few years ago, I lived in Suwon, Korea and taught English to kids aged 4 to 16 years old. I had a difficult time adjusting at the beginning, but overall it was a really good experience for me.
‣ I’m a pretty big foodie. I’m not a vegetarian but I’m definitely trying to limit my intake when it comes to meat. I love Italian, Chinese, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean… basically food from all countries. If I have to choose, I would pick savoury over sweet any day.
‣ I love to read, it is one of my favourite pastime. I am always looking to learn new things from non-fiction books and also love to immerse myself into a good novel.
‣ Taking photos is something that truly makes me happy. I love being able to capture a moment. I prefer to be behind the camera than in front of it, always looking for the right angle and the perfect lighting.
‣ I have a B.A. in Sociology & Anthropology and a post-grad in Corporate Communications, along with a certification in Digital Marketing.
BONUS: I love plants, especially succulents. I have 10+ different kinds!
I hope you enjoyed some of these fun facts about me! Stay tuned for more adventures in the upcoming year. I love to receive your messages and comments.