Looking for a quick travel guide without all the extra reading? This guide will give you lots of options to be able to choose from, featuring all the best restaurants, places to stay, and wineries to visit. I’ve also created the perfect winter itinerary for Prince Edward County if you’re looking to go in the next few months.
Prince Edward County is known for its abundance of wineries, vintage stores, restaurants and art galleries. The area is constantly changing and even though I was just there in the winter (and last summer!), there are already new and different things to share with you.
- Catch the sunrise at Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory.
- Spend a few hours at Sandbanks Provincial Park hiking the trails or swimming at the beach.
- Check out the stunning Sunflower Field (near Sandbanks Provincial Park).
- Closson Ride Cycle for rentals and then bike the Millenium Trail.
- Visit the Oeno Gallery which showcases contemporary and historic fine art from Canadian and international artists.
- Shop local artisans at the Wellington Farmers’ Market.
- Go to the PEC Lavender Farm and shop all things lavender at their boutique.
- Have a patio drink while looking over the lake from The Miller House.
- Make sure to grab an evening flick at Mustang Drive-In for an old school movie night experience.
- Dead People’s Stuff Antiques: Find a variety of antiques in this adorable farmhouse, from coffee tables to garden tools.
- The Local Store: Shop jewellery, food items, soaps, sculptures, greeting cards and more, in this restored dairy barn. There are over 150 local vendors featured at one-stop-shop.
- MacCool Reuse: This 50 year old barn is filled with antiques, mid-century modern furniture, and collectibles.
- Cannery Row PEC: This adorable shop is filled with Prince Edward County essentials, decor and gifts.
- Grab a fresh bread, cheeses, and meats from Agrarian Market.
- Find the freshest fruit and veggies at Laundry Farms.
- Stop by Campbell’s Orchard for the local produce all year round (with pick-your-own fruit).
- Pick up Prince Edward County’s famous Cressy Mustard to use on your burgers and sandwiches at home.
- The Parlour Studio is the spot to buy houseplants and pottery in the County, instore or online.
Food & Drinks
- Enid Grace Cafe for delicious fresh breakfast + sandwiches
- Coffee or lunch at The Bean Counter
- The Vic Café for breakfast (especially if you have kids)
- Brunch at Angeline’s
- Beacon Bike & Brew for coffee + snacks
- Pick up smoothies from Good Place PEC
- Acoustic Bar & Grill in Picton for burgers & live music
- Flossie’s Sandwiches for a messy yet satisfying lunch
- Koenji Whisky Bar for a tasty dinner and to try all things that specialize in whiskey
- Stella’s Eatery for daily dinner menu changes, filled with local ingredients and an extensive wine list
- Ice Cream at Slickers or the Old Greenhouse
- Grab a beer flight from Parson’s Brewery or Midtown Brewery
- Try the Pear Cider from The County Cider
- Morandin Wines: Sit back and enjoy the view of the vineyard while tasting a glass of wine alongside prepared artisan meats and a variety of bread.
Trail Estate Winery: Try funky and unique wines with natural bubbles at this beautifully designed winery.
Traynor Winery: This family-run vineyard specalizes in natural wines (including Pet Nat and orange wine), so if you’ve never tried them before this is the perfect place to do so.
Huff Estates (Oeno Gallery): This is a larger winery with more of a modern twist and features an incredible outdoor sculpture garden.
Hinterland Winery: Known for their sparkling wine, Hinterland Winery has the perfect set up for a scenic tasting.
Rosehall Run: This is one of Prince Edward County’s original wineries and sample some of the best known wine in the County.
Waupoos Estates Winery: Sitting on a hill overlooking Lake Ontario, sip on glasses of wine and enjoy a meal at the restaurant.
- Closson Chase Vineyards: This winery features huge purple barn that is perfect for photo opps and has delicious wines you won’t want to miss trying out.
- Drake Devonshire
- Lake on the Mountain Resort
- The June Motel (or stop by for drinks)
- Angeline’s Inn
- Ash Rowe Estate
- The Manse Boutique Inn & Spa
- Lakeside Motel
- Lyttleton in PEC
- Harbourgrove PEC
- Bliss Bungalow PEC
- The Edward PEC
- The Ferg
- The Meadow House PEC
- Fitzroy Fieldhouse PEC
- The Prince Edward County Church
- Raven’s Nest
- Boho Bungalow
- The Wilk PEC
- Sanctuary in the County
- The Bedwell
- White Cedar Hill
- Cressy House
Disclaimer: All information and prices are accurate as of the time of the posting. All opinions expressed are completely my own. This post is not sponsored.
*All images are copyrighted by Julia Melcher (@adventureontario) or credited to their owners. Please do not use or re-post without written consent and provide credit where applicable