I haven’t shared a ton about myself, so I thought I would introduce you to the girl behind @adventureontario. My name is Julia, and I started my account at the very end of 2015, but it really took off in the last two years. My full-time career is in digital marketing and content creation. I thought you might be interested in learning a little more about me, so here it goes:
‣ I was born in New York City and moved to Toronto after 9/11. My background is American, French and Dutch, but I have lived in Toronto for 17 years.
‣ My biggest passion is travel. Whether it be local (@adventureontario) or abroad. I love to discover new cultures and educate myself on what is happening first-hand in the rest of the world. I’ve been fortunate to travel to over 30 countries. Some of my favourites are Morocco, Portugal, France, Myanmar, Israel, Philippines, Belize, and Taiwan. I still have a long list of places I am dying to go to.
‣ My go-to alcoholic beverages are grapefruit mimosas, sour beer, and spicy margaritas, but I do appreciate a beautiful fancy cocktail.
‣ I’ve always been into fashion, but now take a more sustainable approach since becoming aware of the serious consequences of fast fashion. I always opt for a pricier, well-made eco-friendly item, as opposed to something trendy or cheaper.
‣ My family has two dogs and their names are Asia (age: 9) and Maya (age: 11). Asia is a Maltipoo and Maya is a miniature Poodle. They are both young in spirit and their favourite (besides their treats and being cozy) is going on hikes. I just added a new member to the family, Dakota who is also a Maltipoo. She’s currently still a puppy. They all have extremely different personalities. Maya is very smart and protective, while Asia is a sweetheart who loves to cuddle. Dakota is a curious little one who I know will love all the adventures. I am a huge animal lover in general, but I am especially obsessed with dogs.
‣ At the beginning of my 20s, I lived in Suwon, Korea and taught English to kids aged 4 to 16 years old. I had a difficult time adjusting at the beginning, but overall it was a really good experience for me.
‣ I’m a pretty big foodie. I’m not a vegetarian but I’m definitely trying to limit my intake when it comes to meat. I love Italian, Chinese, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean… basically food from all countries. If I have to choose, I would pick savoury over sweet any day.
‣ I love to read, it is one of my favourite pastimes. I am always looking to learn new things from non-fiction books and also love to immerse myself into a good novel.
‣ Taking photos is something that truly makes me happy. I love being able to capture a moment. I prefer to be behind the camera than in front of it, always looking for the right angle and the perfect lighting.
‣ I have a B.A. in Sociology & Anthropology and a post-grad in Corporate Communications, along with a certification in Digital Marketing. I’m currently working as a social media manager.
BONUS: I love plants, especially succulents. I have 10+ different kinds!
I hope you enjoyed some of these fun facts about me! Stay tuned for more adventures in the upcoming year. I love to receive your messages and comments.
Disclaimer: All information and prices are accurate as of the time of the posting. All opinions expressed are completely my own. This post is not sponsored.
*All images are copyrighted by Julia Melcher (@adventureontario) or credited to their owners. Please do not use or re-post without written consent and provide credit where applicable