Elora is a quaint town perched on the edge of a dramatic gorge and along the banks of the Grand & Irvine River. It features original buildings from the 1800s that add to its unique charm. The area has attractions for the whole family, from browsing original boutiques, viewing astounding architecture, tasting unique culinary flavours, walking scenic trails to hearing live music and perusing local arts. It’s also known as one of the cutest towns in Ontario.
The town’s main attractions are the Elora Gorge and the Elora Quarry, which are about a 10-minute drive from each other. If you have time, I highly suggest you check out both.
- Pick up a floaty from the dollar store and spend your afternoon bobbing around the Elora Quarry.
TIP: Bring a picnic lunch if you’re looking to save money (along with lots of water). The sandy beach does get crowded on the weekends in the summer, so my advice is the earlier you get there, the better. If you want to find a quieter time to go and score the best views, weekdays or early mornings are probably your best bet.
- Cruise down the Grand River with Elora Raft Rides in a punt boat (a flat-bottomed, square boat), and have the captain teach you about the history of the town. You can even customize your trip and have a picnic basket included.
- Visit the trails at Elora Gorge Conservation Area which will lead you to the river’s edge, and surround you with gigantic 22-meter limestone cliffs.
TIP: From May to October, you can spend time swimming, canoeing, kayaking, or tubing down the Grand River. There are even rubber tubes available for rental and a splash pad for small children. It’s also ideal for camping in the summer and early fall to watch the leaves start to change.
Food & Drinks
- The Lost & Found Cafe
- Cafe Creperie
- Box Social
- V-Edge Smoothie Cafe
- Cork Restaurant
- Elora Brewing Company
- The Cellar Pub and Grill
- Brewhouse On The Grand
- Splurge: Elora Mill Hotel & Spa
- Save: The Village Inn Elora
- The Drew House Bed & Breakfast
- White Garden Bed & Breakfast
- Sweet Ella’s Bed & Breakfast
Disclaimer: All information and prices are accurate as of the time of the posting. All opinions expressed are completely my own. This post is not sponsored.
*All images are copyrighted by Julia Melcher (@adventureontario) or credited to their owners. Please do not use or re-post without written consent and provide credit where applicable